Thursday, January 22, 2009

If you cook should you clean?

I am a SAHM, I do a lot around here. I am beginning to rethink the idea of cooking and cleaning up just is NOT fair! Am I wrong? I was watching Oprah today while running on the treadmill. It talked about horomone replacement therpay. Robin McGraw said you should start monitoring your horomone levels in your 20's...I am about to turn 37 and this is the first time i have HEARD this. My question is maybe my horomones are out of wack and I am being irrational about cooking and cleaning up!! I might just check out her book and the book written by a female doctor that Oprah is IN LOVE WITH. I already feel myself slipping, but I have been blaming it on battling my kids. Maybe it is all ME!!

4 comments:

Heather Leigh said...

Kevin cooks AND cleans up, but neither he nor I am a SAHM. The kitchen is his realm, and the laundry is my realm...although while I fold his clothes, he puts his clothes away, Jordyn puts hers away and I put mine and the boys' away. This is a good division of labor. I do think, however, that the working parent should have SOME responsibilities in the house. Does he have any? Take out the trash? Bathe the kids? Shovel the driveway? Something. Actually a few somethings. And if one of those is clean up after dinner....then that's ok. I would suggest that on the weekends, Aaron cook AND clean up. So, that you get some time off. I mean he gets time off on the weekends from HIS job. Just a thought. I can't answer your poll, because I don't think the answer is that black and white.

Heather Leigh said...

I just noticed that my comment is longer than your post!! Ha!

Life With Kids said...

Since I quit working, almost 5 years ago (but went back 2 times for almost a year total) all of the inside stuff has fallen on me. I do the bathrooms, vacuum, mop, dust, grocery shop, make lunches for all of them AND take the trash out. In the summer, I drag the house around the yard watering all 25 trees we planted, water the flowers the sprinklers miss, take the kids to my parents pool everyday (not so much of a chore). I rarely do his laundry! My neighbor picked up his dry cleaning for me yesterday! So, I'd say there's really not a fair division of labor because the BS never goes away here!!

Life With Kids said...

oh yeah - we have a lawn cutting service too!

About Me

My photo
Addison Twp, MI, United States
I would like to take 1 day every week or two and only do things that I enjoy! It seems like I have stopped doing that for too long!